Monday, January 24, 2011

Bib




Today went well.... i got a bib sewed and started on another fun Vday craft I plan to post soon. Here's how i did it:
 Wash, iron and cut your fabric.  You'll need one piece of fabric 1 3/4" wide by 30" long. My front and back pieces are 8" width along the top, 10" width along the bottom, and 10" in length.  I used two different fabrics: floral for the front and white for the back.



I also added a piece of batting to make it extra cozy. Put your back piece front side up, your front piece facing down (wrong side up) and your batting on top. Pin and sew bottom and both sides together.



Turn inside out.

 I took my 30" piece and folded 1/4 inch on both sides and ironed.
 Fold in half, and iron again.

I don't have a picture of the next step, but I folded my already sewed bib in half to find the center point. Mark with a pin. Next i unfolded part of my long strip and placed in the middle as best as I could, and put the top 1/4 along the backside of the bib. Pin, and sew along the folded edge. (this is my back piece)


Then I folded the material to the other side and did the same thing. (Wrap around the top of the bib) Sew all the way from one end of your tie, across the front of the bib to the other end. 

Done!  Sorry, this is poorly explained but hope you get it anyway!

1 comment:

  1. how cute! i love that flower-y fabric...very shabby chic :)

    ReplyDelete