Tuesday, October 19, 2010

wow, blessed!

This summer has been really busy with meals and doing everything I possibly can to help my busy husband out. I did feel like he appreciated it most of the time, but when you have routines and do it day in and day out, it gets hard.  It is kind of strange, but even though at times it was a lot of work, I loved doing it. Not because I knew I would get reward or to impress him, but I really care about him and want to please him in every way. Last night I was catching up with my "Women making a difference in Marriage" bible study, and it talked about the Virtuous Woman. And though I've read it times before, I never stopped to think about each sentence like I did last night. Peter was on the other side of the bed, reading his bible, when out of no where he said to me: "A wife of noble character, who can find? She is worth far more than rubies.  That's you." That was so sweet of him to say and it is a good reminder, this bible study, for even the little things like, how you greet him at the door... is he coming into a peaceful, tranquil home?  Though this bible study is not exactly the most challenging, like my beth moore is (challenging meaning I am in the word a LOT), it is still helpful and I am still grateful for it. I am trying hard to do both studies.

Anyway, tonight he tells me a gift is on the way... it brings tears to my eyes!  Though what it is, is not important, I try to tell him I don't need it but he insists that this is how he likes to show his appreciation, his love for me.   That is his love language.   I don't know how I got so blessed to have him!  

No comments:

Post a Comment