Monday, November 14, 2011

already monday

This weekend was fun but it went so fast. I feel like the baby is really going through some major growth spurt because it has surely made me very tired lately, much more tired than I'm used to. Before I really tried to fight taking naps in the afternoons because it was my only chance to get a few extra things done, but this week I really couldn't do it. This morning, the kids are sleeping in and I am still very tired so I am afraid naps will be pretty much non existent. They've been napping so well lately, too. Maybe it's just the weather!

On saturday we stuck around the house most of the day, and after naps headed to my mother in laws to visit Chelsie who was around for the weekend. The girls were asking to go there all day. We ate supper and hung out, and then when we got home we got to have date night! It was so needed. We've really been working hard at being helpful to one another, showing love to eachother in ways that the other needs it; for me its being helpful around the house, for him it is making him food/snacks and being loving, like giving him a hug. Sunday was fun and convicting, our usual eggs and bacon lunch was spectacular (it's what i crave these days) naps, straighten up the house for 10 minutes, harvest banquet at our church, and home again to more discussion with Peter. He also did the dishes for me! It is almost too good to be true. I am loving our new look on being a servant for each other and this morning before work he attempted to write me a love note before leaving.... until I ruined it by waking up. He is really trying.... I hope God blesses him.

I slept great until about 5 when my dream awoke me. I had a dream about a mouse crawling in my chair under the blankets. So naturally when I woke up, I really did think there was a mouse in the bed. So i was shuffling covers, which woke up Peter, which made me wide awake, which made me aware of my cold, which kept me up because I had to blow my nose every 5 seconds, which also kept Peter up. I felt so bad. It seems when we pray for a good nights sleep, it never happens, which then makes me wonder if it is Satan trying to mess that up so that we will be upset with God. So when Peter got up to go to the bathroom I put my hand on his side of the bed and prayed over it, also reciting "greater is he who lives in me, than he who lives in the world".  All better.  Well i must go. It is 8:30 and the kids are still sleeping so I am pondering waking them up! Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment