Tuesday, December 28, 2010

today is the day

I think it's been one whole year since I started this blog. It has been a lot of fun to write and look through other blogs, especially for motivation. I am hoping that I can start being crafty again, soon. The business of the holidays always puts a halt to things i've enjoyed doing... and i want to get back into them.  Yesterday I was working on choosing pictures for my wedding scrapbook album. I didn't have a lot of pictures to work with, or pictures that I really liked, so I chose the small proof pictures to put into the album. It doesn't matter to me, I just want a simple, cute album. I bought one from M. Stewart that already has all the embellishments and most of the paper and borders for it. How nice is that?! But since I am using the smaller photos, they don't quite fit in with the borders, so I have to improvise. It's still better than starting from scratch!

Today I plan to be with the kids -- do some devotion type stuff. I have neglected that, too. (sad) and then someone told me that when she was at home with the kids, and still wanted to play but get things done around the house, she'd set the timer for 15 minutes. She'd play specifically with the kids for 15 minutes, and then do cleaning for 15. I think that is reasonable. I think it is a whole lot better than sorta playing with the kids and giving them half your attention while you're creating play for them and then doing the dishes while they play.. which I am guilty of.  So i am going to try that today. Wish me luck.

Today my devotion was on Psalm 17: 7-9.  I am so glad that I can read things like this right away in the morning; so many times I have left my devotions at the end of the day (which is fine, and better than nothing!) but I had regretted doing it right away. It spoke about how God wants to scoop us up from beneath us like a hen scoops up her chicks... but we are unwilling.  (Luke 13:34-35)   That gives Satan a foothhold. Psalms just talked about how when we obey Him, he will keep us as the apple of His eye, and hide us in the shadow of his wings from the wicked who assault us.  Right at this exact moment, Kate is singing "Today is the day, you have made, I will rejoice and be glad in it... I won't worry about tomorrow, I'm trusting in what you say!!" and maddy is singing, "oh oh oh... oh oh oh oh.."  Today is the day lyrics.

Christmas was fun but busy this year. Here are some of my photos I thought turned out the best:













1 comment:

  1. Kristen these pictures are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! Seriously, love them ALL! :)

    ReplyDelete