Thursday, December 16, 2010

entertaining

Christmas is getting so close.  For us, one whole week is left before we celebrate. I am a little nervous that I am not forgetting any gifts, or any meal plans for the week. I feel like there is always so much to do, and i feel so worn out and miss the lazy days of just lying on the couch. I had three Christmas parties to attend in the last two weeks. One at my church, my women's bible study, and my GNO group. December is my month so this Wednesday I hosted at my home. Because we've been gone a lot, there really wasn't much time to prep and declutter. I got it done at least. I had a tickle in my throat all day Wednesday and sure enough, my voice was hoarse by the time the girls left. Before bed, I hardly could talk and when I got up, I had no voice at all. My vocal chords are so sensitive... I sure hope these voice lessons are helping!  Anyway, I am tired today from being up during the night. A good nights' sleep would feel good! 

The party went well... I didn't do much decorating since i had already gotten that done.. the only new thing I did was put red branches in my tree. It actually looks really cute. I served two appetizers: bacon-cheese ball, and pepper jelly with crackers. For supper: chicken tettrizini, salad, bread, punch, and an ice cream dessert. Nothing fancy, but really easy and it turned out well. We had fun conversation and had our gift exchange after. I am really happy to be able to have the friends I do and be apart of so many things in a small community. Though it gets busy sometimes, I don't always attend every week or every month, but I do when I can and it's fun.  Here are some pictures from last night.





No comments:

Post a Comment