Friday, October 7, 2011

Gratitude

I'm really having a tough mid-morning/afternoon, so instead of thinking about that, I want to think of all the things I'm thankful for. I know it is Satan attacking me because I just got back from a good bible study.  What a jerk.

#1. Even if we have all been sick for weeks, and possibly a new sickness arriving, they are healthy. They are not malnourished and they are clean. So, thank you God that we have our health. (Take that Satan!)

#2. I am thankful for a bountiful crop. Im truly thankful. We went into this year with rain and crummy attitudes, and in the end, God always provides what we need. I'm thankful that God is convicting us each year to give more and more, to use HIS money, not ours. Pr.19:17 He who is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will reward him for what he has done. (NIV) 

 Malachi 3:10: 10 Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the LORD Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.

#3. I am thankful I have opportunities to worship. To be in bible studies. To pray out loud with other Christians. I am really thankful I am in my small group Triad. It has been a huge blessing. I am thankful I am forming close friendships with people who have the SAME convictions as I do! It is a pure joy, a pure joy to have friends who are in the same spiritual steps as I am.

#4. I am thankful that Satan's got nothing on God. I feel much better now. I should do this every time!

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment