Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Down

I feel like posting again today during nap time because I am emotionally and physically in a bad mood.  I am not sure how i can be physically in a bad mood, but I am.  Yesterday was laundry day and the house was trashed from the weekend, somehow, so I spent as much time as I could cleaning it up even though we were outside most of the day. Needless to say I slept well last night, but still really tired. I took a walk this morning with the kids and it was so nice out.  Peter built the steps on the swingset last night around 8:30 pm after work so when he got in at 9 we had a snack and went to bed. Kate enjoyed the new steps today instead of using a step stool ;)

I had a discouraging day with kate and potty training yesterday. I am probably going to take a couple months off of not even mentioning it.  It annoys me that people say she is not 'ready'.  I just want to find someone that went through exactly what I am going through.. to at least tell me it's going to be ok and that she won't be afraid forever. I have been trying for 6 months off and on, and thinking she is not ready I let it go and started up some other time.  Are people going to say she is not ready when she's 4 and isnt' potty trained?  Her fear of the potty or releasing isn't going to go away with time. I need ideas and new ways to teach her that it is ok, otherwise this issue will still be an issue whether I wait 2 months or a whole year.  Do you see where I am coming from? I can't keep at it because I dont want her to go every day holding her urine for several hours. it is not healthy. This girl has good bladder muscles and enough will-power for our whole family. 

It seems like today and yesterday have been very discouraging days and for a lot of different reasons. I wish I could go to a Beth Moore conference so I can get emotionally and spiritually pumped up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment