Friday, March 30, 2012

refreshing

My little morning to myself  has been refreshing. I really should have woken up earlier; I do really miss the hour or so I would have in the summertime. Back then I got the sleep I needed and I wasn't up most of the night tossing and turning. Last night though, I slept great and it felt great to wake up and read, and sip my tea for a half hour.  This week I have been intentionally working on giving my faults to God right away in the morning. I keep thinking of the verse "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is my strength and portion forever". That has been such a true verse for me. I want to do good, I don't want to be crabby. But my flesh takes over me and at times I am not the mother I want to be. I feel like Satan knows that and tries his hardest to get me to fail. So, I made the decision that (duh) I need to ask God for strength because I will always fail on my own.

The kitchen is almost complete.  Yesterday around noon the countertops were installed. I really like them.  Then, complete shock, the table was delivered! It didn't take Peter long at all to put it up. There was this little bolt that wasn't lining up right so thankfully my mother and father in law stopped by and was able to help him. I am completely in love with our table.  It is a dream. The best part is that we don't have any chairs in the kitchen (besides our counter stools, which are also a dream) We can fit nicely around the table - the bench is awesome.... most of the boxes that were around the house are almost gone (we've got tons and tons upstairs and in the basement yet to find places for) but at least the clutter around the house is okay. We finally moved our dining room table back to its original spot and now I just have to work on picking up the little things.  We reorganized our living room and everything feels fresh. We still have our old carpet, though, in our kitchen (yuck) so we're hoping within a month we can get that done.... though it seems unlikely. Just yesterday we had 4 service men come in and we had to put other sheets and rugs down so that the carpet wouldn't get caked with mud (it was raining). I really don't want to have to worry about that... but I guess that was the trade-off with getting the flooring we really wanted vs finding one real quick to install. I better go..... I hear voices! Hopefully soon I can take photos. I feel bad b/c my 365 is suffering, ... but who cares. It is just a number.

No comments:

Post a Comment