Friday, July 15, 2011

sleep

its 12am and I have too much on my mind. Mostly all the things I have to do tomorrow. I never really did pack, for anyone, and i never made my caramel corn because it was too late. But now that I am STILL up at 12am, I am regretting not getting it done. Unfortunately that will be first on my list tomorrow.  I think, okay, one night, one days worth of clothes to pack, yet I still have to pack: packandplay, potty chair, fans, cd player for kate (she's been scared lately) food in cooler, last minute things like toothbrushes, hairdryers, etc.  Even if it's just one night, we still have to pack a lot of the things we'd use on a 3 day trip. We aren't leaving until after lunch, but I want to be able to play with the kids, not just do things that I need to get done. That makes me sad.

Since It's 12, I guess that means it's our anniversary! (frozen wedding cake a year after we were married) Honestly, Peter reminded me earlier today that it was our anniversary tomorrow. I said, "oh yeah..!"  - We celebrated on Sunday so I was a bit fogged. We usually have a meal we make at our home so I am kind of sad we can't do that this year but we had so much fun in the cities it doesn't even matter. I haven't been reading in the morning, either. The last two days I read at night, and I attempted to read Wednesday morning but failed due to lack of concentration. I think it is fun to look back to see that sometimes God might cause a lack of concentration so that you might get more out of scripture from the day you've had. Today I felt like God gave me this verse and it was perfect that I read it tonight, after a small occurrence today. (PS if you are reading this it probably has nothing to do with you! just a rare conversation)

Be shepherds of God’s flock that is under your care, watching over them—not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be; not pursuing dishonest gain, but eager to serve; 3 not lording it over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock.

1 Peter 5:2-3


Mostly verse three I guess. An incident happened today where I felt a little attacked, and instead of saying mean things back, I chose not to say anything really.  not lording it over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock.   But being examples to the flock.  I think that is self explanatory.  If i would have read that this morning, before the incident, I wouldn't have gotten anything out of it. But tonight, I did.  And now tonight I can't sleep. Maybe this verse, too, is speaking to you? So i felt like I should blog it. And I did.  Now hopefully I fall asleep soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment