Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Hole in One.

Well today kate peed on the potty!  Only because I cut a hole in her diaper.  How lame is that?  Ugh.  I guess if we couldn't afford diapers I would be really frustrated. But since we can, I am hoping I can just deal with the fact that we are just wasting our money.  I tried to find the cheapest diapers EVER, which I think is just the target brand, so that is what i am buying for Kate. I wish they made just the dumbest diapers ever so I could put those on Kate since all she does is pee in them!!! She wears underwear allll dayyyy longgg. Then she says, I have to go potty, so we put on the diaper, she sits in the potty, and she goes.  That is why I cut a hole in her diaper today, thinking she'd see the peepee in the potty, and think, oh, that wasn't scary.   No. I probably put more fear into her.  I am running out of ideas.

She went to her 3 year appointment yesterday.  I told the dr. about this situation and he recommended that if she is not potty trained in 5 more months (total of 6) to bring her in to a psychologist.   Right now I am rolling my eyes. She's not going to talk to anyone about going on the potty.  I am absolutely lost on what to do about this.   I pray every day about it.  I wish my prayer could be answered!

I asked him if it would be a good idea to take privileges away - such as TV, or having gum, or things that she really likes.. and he said, no. He said to stay positive and don't put anything negative into this situation.  Well, that's not what I read on this website, where an actual pediatric doctor with training said to do. So i am not sure what i am supposed to do.   I do know, that today I got into a pretty sad mood. I feel like the older she gets, the more stubborn and hard it will be.  I just feel so useless.

No comments:

Post a Comment