Thursday, April 12, 2012

a mess

This week I've been a mess. Wednesday was officially a psycho day for me. Tired all day, crying all day, snapping at the kids all day. I can't help but wonder if I'm truly crazy or if this is a reasonable part of the last few weeks of pregnancy. 

Today was my 38 week appointment. I am 37 weeks and 5 days today. 2.5 cm dilated, about 75-80% efaced, -2 head position in the cervix (last week was -3, which means baby has dropped a bit). Bits of my mucous plug have been coming out the last couple weeks......even today with a little blood. That gave me some hope, except when I went online I read that was normal so basically I'm at square one again. I will still keep praying though to go natural. It'd be a dream to not be induced for once.

Today I got a bunch of baby gifts for all the moms who've had babies this last month or two, and some birthday gifts. I even bought myself some nail polish and some earings. It just felt good to get some of that stuff done, even though maddy was with and the whole day was long, but at least she behaved well and wasn't too tired. It seems like we've been going so frequently, I just feel bad that she has to be in the car/stroller/ or cart all day. Sometimes 2x a week! (When we did kitchen stuff)  But thankfully she did well.

I am in the process of packing my bag for the hospital and getting things ready, just in case.  The house has stayed clean because of constant reminders to the kids to pick up their toys before we play with new ones. They haven't learned yet to do it themselves, but they are getting better at doing what I ask. Sometimes I feel guilty, like they are slaves, but, it IS their mess!!   That's all for now... maybe more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment