Wednesday, April 4, 2012

a joyful heart

Yesterday was my 37th week appointment...( though I still have 3 more days until I am officially 37 weeks). I tested positive for Group B Strep.  Nuts.   That's never happened to me before.  I am really tired after two days of non-stop walking.  I also got a haircut which is so refreshing. It seems like I just got one but I think because i am pregnant, sometimes it happens that baby is taking all of my nutrients I normally get. I should be drinking more milk!

Madelyn's 3rd birthday is on Saturday! I am preparing for that.  I might want to make some cupcakes this afternoon and then freeze them until I need them on Saturday. I bet the girls would love to help with that. I am contemplating doing that with them or going outside. I should have asked what they'd rather do, but now they are resting. We are having hamburgers and chips and fresh veggies and fruits.  I still have to make ice cream and probably will make that tonight, and if Peter lets me, either he will make the other one or we will just buy some.  I am not kidding when I say I am exhausted.  I am still tossing and turning during the night and waking up lots to go to the bathroom.  Also, the train has been coming through town in the middle of the night, and boy is it loud!!! We get very frustrated for the extra interruption from sleep.

 I have lists and lists of things to do, yet I am convicted that instead of grumbling over those lists and being upset that the house isn't clean or that the kids aren't to bed/nap on time...   I just need to lighten up and be more joyful. I need to make my kids more of a priority, too!

"A Joyful heart is good medicine, but the broken spirit dries up the bones."  Lord, help me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment