Sunday, January 27, 2013

serving

Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not people, because you know that the Lord will reward each one for whatever good they do, whether they are slave or free.
                                 Ephesians 6:7-8

That is something that I have been thinking about lately. Whether it's my work that I do for the church or around our home.  Whatever I am doing, I ought to do it the best I can as if I am serving the Lord. The NLT says to "work with enthusiasm".  That is hard sometimes, especially if it's the same work that's being done day in and day out. I've also learned that if you can find joy in your job, you are doing God's will and this is your reward! (Ecc. 3:12-13)  It is so encouraging to find joy in homeschooling and when I'm with my kids. It makes me feel like I was made to do this. It's also motivation to strive in this ministry I'm in- to do the best I can. To teach them how to love, be kind; about the bible. And I can see the seeds growing in their mannerisms and politeness. The songs they sing.  It is important to remember as I sometimes grumble about the things "I" don't get to do, or go, or be..... this is what I am called to do right now; this is my ministry. And I want to do the best that I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment