Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Is Here!

Yesterday I had a dentist appointment.  It was a relief to be able to leave the house but because I had to wait until Peter got home from work, I got a late start to finishing my Christmas shopping. It was really nice to be able to shop for a little bit on my own. I had to finish up buying for my parents and some stocking stuffers for Peter. Macy's had a huge one day sale, and there were so many nice dishes I wanted! The sale is done now, but 40% off these pink  Martha Stewart dessert plates.I thought about buying them for myself, but thought that might be bad so I put them back. Then I tried to think of who I could buy them for, but I already had gotten gifts! If only I had bought them for a shower or future present. Oh well. Anyway, I went to my appointment and the hygienist kindly told me I have to take better care of my teeth. I wasn't offended... I know what I have to do.  When I'm at home, I forget to brush in the morning after I eat. Then I end up going the whole day without brushing. So, my new years resolution is to take better care of my teeth.

I got home around 5:45 and my oldest sister came over to help me with some things. When I came home she was working on that, and Peter had done the dishes, and cleaned out the fridge! It is so nice to have help when we really need it.  Now today, I think we will roll out the rest of our cookies and hopefully that will be fun for the kids, and I just have a few other things on my list.  So far I'm doing well with my Week of Random Acts of Kindness. Some of the things are out of my comfort level, but then it feels so good after i'm done. Here's to hoping/praying the day goes well today.... we're celebrating our family Christmas tonight.

Our home, December 20th, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment