Saturday, June 18, 2011

prompted

just a quick post today.  Last night I totally blew up at Peter and had a huge meltdown. I think he thought I was crazy.... I certainly was acting like it. Anyway, I went to bed late after trying to clean up all the dishes I had dirtied and stuff around the house.. I thought for sure I would be extremely tired. God woke me up at 6 a.m.with not an ounce of tiredness in me. I thought it was probably 7, but when I saw it was 6 I decided I should just get up. So I did.  And I got my shoes on, and I went for a run.  And it felt SO good! It was perfect outside. I took Peter's phone because my Ipod was dead, and I ran for 15 or so minutes, and then went on my bike for another 15. And the whole time I was listening to praise & worship music, just really in awe of how God can restore my mind and body the way He does. How he can refresh me through nature, music, and just the sunlight. After that, I even had time to do my devotions before the kids got up.  So thankful this morning. One thing that God spoke to me through his word was this:
"Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 2 Thessalonians 1:12 
 
So thankful this morning that God reminded me after what happened last night.. I allowed Satan to get me wound up. I wasn't joyful, I wasn't in prayer the whole time asking God to help Satan flee from me (James 4:7) and I wasn't giving thanks.  Lord, help me to do this more often!


No comments:

Post a Comment