Sunday, March 27, 2011

where did the weekend go?

for a stay at home mom, usually the days are all the same... weekends are like week days to us. Still 'working'.  However, this weekend we got to go to Grand Forks, by ourselves! Kelsey VOLUNTEERED to watch the kids! We couldn't possibly pass that opportunity up. We did go, and got lots done. I especially got a lot done for Maddy's birthday -- the price you pay to go on a Saturday though is complete, utter, chaos. My line at Joannes was at least 10-15 minute cutting and the line to pay. each.

We did get to eat at the toasted frog. We also spent time waiting... a whole 45 minutes. We tried to find things to do, like go to Hugos, but it didn't last as long as we'd hoped. We eventually got in though, and then waited another 20 to get our food. But it was worth it!! I had Mahi-Mahi tacos (YUM) which I think was one of the more healthier recipes to order... but I was really hungry that day and eating at 7:15 did not help!  I talked myself into eating part of a blizzard because I had worked really hard for 6 or 7 weeks.. losing almost 10 pounds! My goal now is not weight, but inches.. so i am trying to work on toning, but also eating healthy too. Trust me... that blizzard was the best thing I ever ate in my life! (It really was)

Also we realized that we can pop popcorn in a paper bag by stapling it. Works great! I'm still not sure how much popcorn is... air popped it is 30 calories plus butter, but with oil... i have no idea.  It's probably still a better choice.  I have some in the microwave right now!

I am finally getting done with editing pictures. Kelsey was kind enough again to come over (volunteering) and played with the girls while I casually edited pictures throughout the night. Ahh, what would I do without her. since trying to work out, alot of other things like editing, or crafts, or even keeping up with the cleaning has really gone down hill. I think it will take me a while to figure out how to balance that. I think once summer comes, maybe i can get up early to do some of that stuff. Yeah right... a girl can dream! Maybe later I can post some of the pictures i've taken in the last couple weeks, for now, they're going on facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment