Sunday, January 24, 2010

leftovers...? what?

Well, we had leftovers for the first time as a family of 4.  That might actually be true, becasue Maddy has just kinda started eating a lot more of our meals, even though she only has 2 1/2 teeth.  Anyway, it was so good, I had to post it. I also realize I had been made fun of by a couple people because I had posted pictures of my food in the past.  So, this means I dont care:

Ingredients:
Smoked provolone cheese
French Bread slices
Leftover meat from a roast
onion
green pepper
Worcestershire sauce
olive oil
mayo

Directions:
Soak meat in a couple ounces of w. sauce for 15 minutes. While that is marinating, saute onion and green pepper in oil. Add meat to this mixture and allow to cook for 5 minutes. Toast slices of french bread in oven (I drizzled a little olive oil on them and let them crisp up a bit at 350). I then added the meat mixture on top and added farmers cheese, though it calls for smoked provolone cheese) and let it melt for about 5 minutes. I added REAL mayo , not miracle whip (I learned that's what Subway uses, I always though it was miracle whip!) and I ate it open-faced, like the picture above. Even peter liked it.  We also served baked potato soup with it. If you want the recipe for that I can post it as well.   Finally, a beef sandwhich that we both liked!

While I am at it, here is a picture of the coffee-mocha cheesecake I made for Christmas. It was a hit, and it really did taste like coffee

No comments:

Post a Comment