Sunday, October 28, 2012

super day

I feel good.  Today seemed very long.  I got to sleep in a bit, in fact, we all did. Even Ella. She got up at 7:45 and then we both fell asleep on the couch. The kids got up at 8:30 and then I put Ella back to bed! We colored a bit; I made coffee. Our day began.

Peter worked from 8:30 a.m. to 3:45 a.m. That is a long day. They shut down beets because of the cold and won't be going again until Monday. I guess I am not really caring right now! I know everything will work out. I just have peace about it.  Most of the day, the girls played well by themselves. I tried to suggest things to do and do crafts with them, but they weren't really too interested. They just wanted to play dolls :)  I suppose they are getting sick of me!  In a way, it makes me feel guilty that they wanted to play all day together. They didn't even really fight too much. In fact, they were more loud and giggly than anything.  By supper time though, Maddy began to act more like Ella's age (literally) and started to cry about everything. This is a result in zero naps in about a week or two. I really can't remember the last time she napped. I got to cuddle her at least. My little Maddy.

After the kids were tucked in, I went upstairs to work out.  Yes.   I had the motivation!  I went on the elliptical for 25 minutes and then decided to clean up some of the upstairs while I was up there.  This felt great! Oh the things I could do while alone!!!!!!  I hadn't felt like this in a long time!  I was so worked up that I decided that I was just going to stay up until midnight and pump and then sleep through the night. Usually when I am very active at night, it takes me a really long time to fall asleep. So this was perfect. I cleaned out all the storage bins (went through most of them and sorted clothes, threw lots of boxes away, old sheets, etc) and realized I have a whole bin of 6-12 month clothing I didn't even know about!  Jack pot.

I prayed with Peter and he went to bed and I washed some bottles/pump parts, packed diaper bag and backpacks for church, snacks, etc. and now I am pumping again.  I haven't been taking my fenugreek for a few days and don't notice any decrease. It hadn't really been working anyway so I hope that if I do decide to take them again, they will work more effectively.  Time for bed now.... my time is up

No comments:

Post a Comment