Sunday, December 30, 2018

Its been years..

Wow! I cant believe I'm doing this!  It's been years. 

So, why am I back?

I'm not sure that I am, but the thought came into my mind this morning as I scrolled feeds of others who share their paint colors of their new house.

There's so many decisions that go into a house. But I am so thankful that it hasn't been too overwhelming as I thought.  I mean, let's be honest here.  There have been stressful times! Years ago when we re-did our kitchen, it had seemed to be a nightmare. And that was just a kitchen!

I'll tell you some of the stressful times we had/have during the process:

  • the layout.  I mean, this is the bones of the house!  Two story or one one and a half? Where will the powder room go? What about laundry? How big will the rooms be? What will the exterior look like?   Can you imagine?  So glad that part is DONE!
  • Door.   This was very stressful for me.  We still don't have one! 
  • Size of windows.   This is honestly a big thing. I remember us measuring my mother in laws and going through the blueprint to make each one just right.  
  • Flooring & Tile.  We still are not done choosing all the flooring yet! 
  • Vanities. I have logged a lot of time on Pinterest.
I would say the #1 stressful thing of the house has been the layout. I lost many hours of sleep over it. In fact, i scrolled through so many layouts that i did some minor damage to my eyeballs! (true story) 


its been so long that ive forgotten how to easily add photos.  More later! 


No comments:

Post a Comment