Wednesday, May 16, 2012

thrush

It has been a quick, long month... if that makes sense.  Quick because Ella is almost one month old! How did that happen? Long, because it truly has been a long month. Ella is still not good at nursing... and we still have thrush. I wonder if we got it soon after I left the hospital? If so, that is almost 3 weeks of thrush. That is a long time.... and it seems so hard to get rid of. I just don't understand it. I am sanitizing, though hopefully for the correct amount of time, I am changing my pads as often as I can bare (they are expensive, you know!) I am taking Diflucan, genetian violet, antifungal cream for me, Ella is taking Nystatin cream on her bottom, and the solution for her mouth. I am rubbing it in with a little finger toothbrush and we are both taking acidopholus pills (ella is doing the powder)  I'm also taking Fenugreek 3x a day. I have looked on the internet obsessively... yet we still can't get rid of it. It's been a least a week since we were "diagnosed" but i know we've had it longer. I first saw the creamy tongue at least 4 days prior.  If anyone has ideas for me........ please comment!  Desperate.

I'm going to take a nap now... we've had such a busy week. Tomorrow I get Ella weighed. I'm so praying that it is normal now so that I don't have to keep setting my alarm during the night. I know, 3 hours of sleep is a good stretch, but when we're up for an hour or more twice a night, (lately she's been sleeping with me so I don't get much quality rest) it gets wearing.  I am praying she can eventually get to be an efficient nurser... if not... I'm not sure how long I can do this. Shooting for 3 months. I guess I have 2 months to go before I either just pump until my milk supply goes down or we go to formula. I don't want either... pray for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment