Friday, May 17, 2019

One month

We've been in the house one month.  Truly, half of our things are not even unpacked. They aren't in the house in boxes. Or the garage.  Ive purposely left them at the shop we have in town.  Time will tell if I'll open them.

This is one of my favorite photos of us setting up. I couldn't wait to set up our new table and chairs. The chairs are from wayfair, and the table was from a local furniture shop.  I was sad to leave our table of 10 years behind, but it was time!  I am much happier with this one, and it is fun to have so many seats.

My mother in law repurposed her antique table and its the perfect size for our breakfast nook. I think white was a good pick, and love the mixture of black around the house. 

  One of the rooms i looked forward to so much was our sitting room (piano room) Its super cozy in here with the barn doors and the shiplap. Its the first room I knew I wanted shiplap in (and gradually kept adding!)   The rug was from wayfair and the chandelier was from world market.  This style was easy for me to pick out and had things chosen paid for well before the shiplap was even put up. I go here every morning!  
First day setting up. 


We moved in the Thursday before Easter. Two days later we hosted a birthday party and had 3 kids stay over night.  Sunday was Easter and I was completely wiped out from all the cleaning and celebrating.  We spent the week after cleaning the old house, still moving things out and cleaning up dust from construction.  We love living out on the farm. Walks have been daily;  some include peter! Farming has been super busy but manageable with meal delivery. I spend way less time driving and making sure food is hot! I clean the oven often :) 

Time for bed,
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment