Thursday, April 25, 2013

Weaning

I have to write real quick.  I should be updating this blog on a lot of different things.... Ella's birthday, this cleanse I'm doing... but for now I'd just like to say that I am very close to weaning off pumping.

It is a really big thing for me. I did cry a couple of times thinking about it.  And I think if Ella were eating really good,  I wouldn't care as much. But right now, it's really hit and miss. She's not even 20 pounds yet! I think she weighs less than both the kids did by 12 months. It's not by much, though, so that's good.

I just need to keep telling myself that there is NOTHING wrong with giving her some formula. I actually prefer to give her some still, even though it is perfectly fine for cows milk- just so that she is getting all the nutrients she needs b/c she is eating so poorly. 

Pray for this mama right now, that transitions will go smooth into dropping more pumps and just being done.  12 oz a day (which is sadly what i'm making) is good, but it's not bad if we add 12 more oz a day of formula. I think if I still had my 15-20 oz a day, I would still be going. But I am definitely looking forward to being done.... for many reasons!

No comments:

Post a Comment